Be a 2016 Vendor
The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival (MAJF) and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc. (JAM) will accept vendor applications beginning October 15, 2015. The MAJF will take place February 12, 13, and 14, concluding on February 15, 2016 at the Hilton Washington, DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center (formerly the Doubletree), located at 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland. Vendor days are February 12, 13, and 14 of the MAJF.
In our continuing efforts to make the MAJF experience as rewarding as possible for both vendors and attendees, this year we are offering 33 vendor stations!
With our intent to be as selective as possible in the acceptance of vendors for the 2016 MAJF, participation in the 2015 MAJF does not guarantee acceptance for the 2016 MAJF. For Merchandise/Product vendors, we will base our decisions on quality of merchandise, appearance of display, and variety of offerings. For Art vendors, we are particularly seeking those with jazz music- inspired products, but we also welcome art vendor applicants with general interest offerings featuring paintings, sculptures, and other unique presentations.
Please Note: In order to offer each approved vendor the ability to choose his or her vendor location, we cannot guarantee that a vendor with similar-type merchandise will not be in the vicinity or adjacent to the location chosen.
Each vendor will be given a 29″ x 6′ table and two chairs as their vending space (in an area up to 8′ x 3′). Vendors may supply their own smaller tables, but the overall space per vendor is still the 29″ x 6′ table dimension. To be listed in the MAJF program, vendors must have their application in by Friday, January 15, 2016. We will continue to accept applications for any available vendor spaces after that date, but those vendors will not be listed in the program due to printing deadlines.
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted IN FULL, including: completed and signed application, full payment, and a description (with image) of sample products to be sold and image(s) of typical display of your products. If you participated as a vendor in the 2015 MAJF and your product has not substantially changed, you are not required to provide a description or submit images with this year’s application. (Please make sure your 200 character program description reflects your current merchandise.) However, we are actively seeking those vendors with both quality merchandise and attractive displays, so we welcome images of your intended display to help us make this a quality vendor experience for our festival attendees.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis, and space is limited. If you have any specific questions about the 2016 Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival Vendor Program, please contact the Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival office at (888) 909-6330 OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Vendors who complete the application online and are not approved will receive refunds for their participation fee. As previously indicated, space is limited; vendor selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The type, quality of products you sell, and display and how they fit into the overall product diversification of the MAJF
- Submission date of your application and payment to our office
VENDOR PARTICIPATION FEE:
Vendors must commit to exhibit for the entire Festival term. While all stations receive ample exposure, due to their proximity to higher traffic areas of the Festival the basic station fee is $400. The five (5) stations that are along the education hallway are $350. The station types are detailed on the attached Festival layout plan. The participation fee must be included with the application in order for the vendor location to be held pending processing and consideration of the application.
- The fee includes one (1) 29″ width x 6′ length table (with cloth and skirt) and 2 chairs.
HOTEL REQUIREMENT—PLEASE NOTE
- Electrical services, internet, telephone connections etc., must be arranged through the hotel. After your vendor application has been accepted, if you need this type of support, please contact the Hilton Hotel at 301-468-1100 and ask for the Convention Services Department. Indicate that you will be vending at the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival and discuss your requirements with the hotel representatives. Please note that fees may apply.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
- Vendors cannot sell food or beverages of any sort.
- Vendors are required to maintain a staff person at their space at all times during the open hours of the vendor area of the event. These hours are from set‐up to 10:00 p.m. on Friday, February 12th; and, from 10:00 a.m. ‐ 10:00 p.m.. on Saturday and Sunday, February 13th and 14th.
- Signage must be professional. No handwritten signs are allowed. The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc., reserve the right to remove inappropriate signage.
- Music of any kind is not allowed to be played at tables.
- No tobacco or drug products allowed.
- The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc., have the right of refusal to ensure quality of products sold and to ensure diversity, thereby avoiding repetition whenever possible.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations after the Vendor has been accepted for participation.
Arrival and Set Up
- Merchandise/Product and Art vendors can set up between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Friday, February 12th, 2016. All vendors must be set up by 6:00 p.m. on Friday and remain open until 10 p.m. every day until the festival closes on Sunday, February 14.
The Hilton Hotel is offering a special accommodation rate of $104.00 per night for MAJF participants and patrons. There are a limited number of rooms available at this special rate. Therefore, we encourage you to reserve your room(s) as soon as possible. Visit the Hilton website for further information.
Station Setup Time: Friday, February 12, 2016 from 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Clean Up, Exiting – Monday February 15, 2016
- Vendors must vacate the vendor area of all products and materials by noon Monday, February 15, 2016.
- Cleanup – The area surrounding each table/booth must be kept completely clean by each vendor during and after the MAJF. The MAJF’s producer, The Jazz Academy of Music Inc., will charge a $100.00 cleanup fee to any vendor that fails to clean up its assigned space during or after the event.
Refund of Vendor Fee
If a vendor is not selected, the MAJF will refund the application payment. All acceptance decisions are made by the Festival Committee and are final. Vendor fees are nonrefundable for any reason, once mutually contracted between the MAJF and the Vendor.
Maryland Sales Tax
Vendors are responsible for obtaining the appropriate permits and licenses as required by local authorities for conducting their business. All vendors required to pay Maryland State Sales Tax must do so on an individual basis. Please contact the Comptroller of the Treasury for the State of Maryland, Retail Sales Tax Division at 301-949-0280, 410-767-1544 or 410-767-1300 to determine vendor responsibilities with regard to Maryland State Sales and Use Tax.
To get started, please click on one of the following statements to apply online or download the hard-copy 2016 MAJF Vendor Application to apply by mail: