Be a Vendor
The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival (MAJF) and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc. (JAM) will accept vendor applications beginning October 12, 2012. The MAJF will take place February 15, 16, and 17, concluding on February 18, 2013 at the Hilton Washington, DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center (formerly the Doubletree), located at 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland. Vendor days are February 15, 16 and 17 of the MAJF.
In our continuing efforts to make the MAJF experience as rewarding as possible for both vendors and attendees, this year we are designating three vendor categories.: General Merchandise/Product vendors, Art vendors, and Spirits vendors (wine and craft beer). We have designated 19 stations for Merchandise/Product vendors, 8 stations for Art vendors, and 7 stations for Spirits vendors.
With our intent is to be as selective as possible in the acceptance of vendors for the 2013 MAJF, participation in the 2012 MAJF does not guarantee acceptance for the 2013 MAJF. For Merchandise/Product vendors, we will base our decisions on quality of merchandise, appearance of display, and variety of offerings. For Art vendors, we are particularly seeking those with jazz music- inspired products, but we also welcome art vendor applicants with general interest offerings featuring paintings, sculptures, and other unique presentations.
Please Note: In order to offer each approved vendor the ability to choose his or her vendor location, we cannot guarantee that a vendor with similar-type merchandise will not be in the vicinity or adjacent to the location chosen.
Each vendor will be given a 29″ x 6′ table and two chairs as their vending space (in an area up to 8′ x 3′). Vendors may supply their own smaller tables, but the overall space per vendor is still the 29″ x 6′ table dimension. To be listed in the MAJF program, vendors must have their application in by January 15, 2013. We will continue to accept applications for any available vendor spaces after that date, but those vendors will not be listed in the program due to printing deadlines.
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted IN FULL, including: completed and signed application, full payment, and a description (with image) of sample products to be sold and image(s) of typical display of your products. If you participated as a vendor in the 2012 MAJF and your product has not substantially changed, you are not required to provide a description or submit images with this year’s application. However, we are actively seeking those vendors with both quality merchandise and attractive displays, so we welcome images of your intended display to help us make this a quality vendor experience for our festival attendees.
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, and space is limited. If you have any specific questions about the 2013 Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival Vendor Program, please contact the Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival office at (301) 871‐0858 OR email@example.com. Vendors who complete the application online and are not approved will receive refunds for their participation fee. As previously indicated, space is limited; vendor selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The type, quality of products you sell, and display and how they fit into the overall product diversification of the MAJF
- Submission date of your application and payment to our office
VENDOR PARTICIPATION FEE:
Product/Merchandise and Art Vendors
The Product/Merchandise and Art Vendor categories must commit to exhibit for the entire Festival term. The fee for Vendor participation is based on the station location. While all stations receive ample exposure, some locations are considered premium locations due to their proximity to higher traffic areas of the Festival.. The stations range from $250 for an Economy station, $350 for a Basic station, to $400 for a Premium station. The station types are detailed on the attached Festival layout plan. The participation fee must be included with the application in order for the vendor location to be held pending processing and consideration of the application.
- The fee includes one (1) 29″ width x 6′ length table (with cloth and skirt) and 2 chairs and access to one electrical outlet and internet access. Vendors will need to supply their own heavy‐duty extension cords to be connected to power strips with the outlets.
The Spirits category vendors may choose to exhibit one or more days at the MAJF and do not have to commit to the entire Festival term. The fee for vendor participation is based upon the level of desirability of the station location. While all stations receive ample exposure some locations are considered premium locations due to their proximity to higher traffic areas of the Festival. The stations range from $120 per day for a Basic station to $150 per day for a Premium location.
The MAJF will charge $15 to patrons as a participation fee and will provide the patron with a tasting ticket booklet to be redeemed at the vendor tables for each tasting and a commemorative glass that will be used for the tasting.
- Vendors are free to take wine orders at their table and obtain e-mails from our patrons to enhance your own e-mail list. If you choose to sell bottles from your table, the Hilton will charge you a $10 corking fee for each bottle sold. Therefore, should you choose to sell bottles at the event, versus just take orders, you will be provided an inventory form that allows for reconciliation and payment to the Hilton prior to your departure.
Special Spirits Sponsorship Offer
One wine vendor and one craft beer vendor will be featured each day of the Festival and will have their beverages showcased at the MAJF in our Demonstration Room. The day’s showcased vendors will participate in a food pairing demonstration with the Hilton Hotel chef and the wine and beer will be featured at the Hilton Hotel Bar and at the Hotel dinner service for the evening of that day’s showcase. The showcased vendors will also be provided a table and the opportunity to display signage in the atrium area near the hotel lobby, receive a featured ad in the official MAJF program, and those spirit vendors will be announced from all of the MAJF performance stages. Take advantage of this special offer and become an MAJF Sponsor for $1,500 plus the standard exhibit fee outlined above.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
- Product/Merchandise and Art Vendors cannot sell food or beverages of any sort.
- Spirits Vendors cannot sell food of any sort.
- Vendors are required to maintain a staff person at their space at all times during the open hours of the vendor area of the event. These hours are from set‐up to 10:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15th and 10:00 a.m. ‐ 10:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, February 16th and 17th for Product/Merchandise and Art Vendors and 1:00pm to 10:00pm for Spirits Vendors
- Signage must be professional. No handwritten signs are allowed. The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc., reserve the right to remove inappropriate signage.
- Music of any kind is not allowed to be played at tables.
- No tobacco or drug products allowed.
- The Mid‐Atlantic Jazz Festival and its producer, The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc., have the right of refusal to ensure quality of products sold and to ensure diversity, thereby avoiding repetition whenever possible.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations after the Vendor has been accepted for participation.
Arrival and Set Up
- Merchandise/Product and Art vendors can set up between the hours of noon and 5:30 p.m. on Friday, February 15th, 2013. All vendors must be set up by 6:00 p.m. on Friday and remain open until 10pm every day until the festival closes. on Sunday, February 17.
- Spirits vendors must be set up no later than 5:30 p.m. on Friday and 1:00 .pm. on Saturday and Sunday and remain open until 10 p.m. on their Festival participation days.
The Hilton Hotel is offering a special accommodation rate of $89.00 per night for MAJF participants and patrons. There are a limited number of rooms available at this special rate. Therefore, we encourage you to reserve your room(s) as soon as possible. Visit the Hilton website for further information.
Clean Up, Exiting – Monday February 18, 2013
- Vendors must vacate the vendor area of all products and materials by noon Monday, February 18, 2013.
- Cleanup – The area surrounding each table/booth must be kept completely clean by each vendor during and after the MAJF. The MAJF’s producer, The Jazz Academy of Music Inc., will charge a $100.00 cleanup fee to any vendor that fails to clean up its assigned space during or after the event.
Refund of Vendor Fee
If a vendor is not selected, the MAJF will refund the application payment. All acceptance decisions are made by the Festival Committee and are final. Vendor fees are nonrefundable for any reason, once mutually contracted between the MAJF and the Vendor.
Maryland Sales Tax
Vendors are responsible for obtaining the appropriate permits and licenses as required by local authorities for conducting their business. All vendors required to pay Maryland State Sales Tax must do so on an individual basis. Please contact the Comptroller of the Treasury for the State of Maryland, Retail Sales Tax Division at 301-949-0280, 410-767-1544 or 410-767-1300 to determine vendor responsibilities with regard to Maryland State Sales and Use Tax.
Licensing for Spirits Vendors (Wine and Beer)
The Jazz Academy of Music, Inc. will obtain the county license for the tasting that will cover all Spirits vendors.
To get started, please click on one of the following statements to apply online or download the application to apply by mail: